Friday 4 November 2011

Stripes

Hello,
It's Friday evening here and after a busy working week I decided to sit down and give myself some "me" time.

For a long time now I have wanted to submit something to Illustration Friday. But to be honest I was nervous of putting my work out there in front of so many talented illustrators. But tonight, for some reason, it occurred to me that I should just do it! I know that these small steps are the product of a wonderfully inspiring e-course I have been involved in recently - Creative Courage run by Stephanie Levy. http://stephanielevy.blogspot.com/p/e-courses.html I whole-heartedly recommend this course to any artist, or  creative soul, whether they are creating work or not. It is a truly motivating course and I have enjoyed every moment. The course is extremely informative and also develops a wonderfully supportive community of like-minded people who happily extend the hand of friendship to support each other in their artistic endeavours. Thank you Stephanie for this opportunity, it has been life-changing!


"Stripes"

My submission to Illustration Friday.





7 comments:

  1. Hurray for creative courage! I LOVE the repetition of the spiral stripes and all of the variations on the theme. It has a nice sense of whimsy about it! Hope you continue to participate in Illustration Friday-- it's a great place to make new friends and be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you taking the step! Love the swirlly strips and the differnce in all the shells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You created TABS up there! How AWESOME!! :D
    (quietly saying: Denise, you ARE an artist and you are SO ready & worth it to hit publish on ANYTHING you want the world to see! The world SHOULD see your art! It's AMAZING!!)
    Love these snails :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you "did it!" And I really like your curled-up snail stripes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! You don’t have to be shy to show your work, I’m curious what’s next...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you deer prudence, I'm sure it will get easier next time.

    ReplyDelete